- The Bible is more than historic facts
- Your response to the message has an effect on what happens after you die
- The Bible leads us to faith in Jesus and a fulfilling life in him
“The Holy Scriptures … are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus….and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
(2 Timothy 3:15-17)
The purpose of the Bible is not just history and facts. The words are more than letters put together, they are the very message of God that have the power to do what they say. The words have the power to give us comfort and strength. More importantly, how we understand the message has everything to do with what happens after you die and where you will spend eternity. The prophets said it was a matter of life or death. The Bible leads people to see the glory and grace of God in Christ Jesus and to lead them to faith in him.
- Romans 1:16 “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
- 2 Peter 1:19 “And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.”
- John 20:31 “These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”
This message of the Bible has touched many souls over the years. There are countless stories of people whose lives had turned totally around or found unexpected strength through the love of God which is found in Christ Jesus. There they found the blessing of living in a right relationship with God by believing in Jesus and entrance into heaven when they died to live in his presence forever.